Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Few Good Man - Loyality Beyond Reason

Few Good Man - Loyality Beyond Reason by Sumantri


Port Vila 27th May 2009. Mr & Mrs Ray Kent are one of Iririki Island Resort & Spa loyal guests. I was very fortunate to be friend with Mr. Kent and his wife during their stayed at Iririki Island Resort & Spa


Just a short chatted with him at the lobby and I have learned and being inspired with their VOC (voice of customer). Mr. Kent said “ I like this resort very much, we have been staying here 5 consecutive times in this resort.” Meanwhile, it was heavily rain when I started to open the conversation with both of them.

My first question to Mr. Kent was “being a loyal guest to Iririki what do you think that we can make your stay more enjoyable? He said whilst his hand directed to Iririki jetty outside lobby.” You don’t have to do a big thing to win somebody heart, look at your guests there running from the jetty to the lobby! If there is someone help with umbrella, I believe they will be appreciated” I quickly respond to agree with Mr. Kent. That message so much so, clicks in my plan that I am going to implement in this resort.

“What else Mr. Kent?” I asked. Mr. Kent said things that you have to look which Iririki does not have in the loyalty program like other hotel. Again I am very impressed and quickly respond to agree with Mr. Kent, this is another part that I have been wanted to implement in this resort, indirectly, I guess that I have received a positive respond from Mr. Kent the guest who is really represented what I am looking for Voice of Customer (VOC).



When the rain stopped, Mr. Kent and his wife they proceed to their itinerary and walked out from the lobby, last but not least, Mrs. Kent told me that today is Mr. Kent birthday. I don’t really have an opportunity to say happy birthday to him since Mr. Kent was rushing to catch the boat. It was 2.45pm at that time, well, without any hesitate, I take my initiative to get a blank resort card and turned it to a greetings card, I wrote on the card “ Happy Birthday Mr. Kent” from all of us,

I get everyone from reservation and front office to signed and arranged to send to Mr. Kent room together with bottle of Champaign for his surprise!. The next day, the receptionist would like to meet me and finally, I met Mr. Kent, and he sincerely thanks me on behalf for the surprise card and Champaign! Finally, I am able to say “Happy Birthday to Mr. Kent”!.

After Mr/Mrs Kent departed from the resort I sent e-thank for his loyality beyond reason:

Dear Mr. Kent,
We would like to sincerely thank you for your loyalty and passion to Iririki Island Resort & Spa! It is very inspiring effort that you can be able to convince your friends to spend their holiday at Iririki Island Resort & Spa – Vanuatu instead of Honolulu. I am really admired your sincerity and I wanted to let you know that I really appreciates it very much.




Iririki Island Resort & Spa always open up for your feedback and suggestion. Should you have any feedback on our services and facilities which you would like to share with us, we would be delighted to hear from you.
This would give us the opportunity to address any possibility of improvement with every effort we can to deliver the highest standard and exceed guest expectation.
I have attached a candid shot at Iririki Island Resort & Spa for your own photo album.
Thank you again for showing your loyalty and looking forward to welcoming you again!
Kindest personal regards,
Iririki Island Resort & SPA




Sumantri Endang
Rooms Division Manager



About Iririki Island Resort & Spa – Vanuatu. Surrounded by crystal clear blue water, you've got 69 acres of a private island, to indulge in. Situated in the heart of Port Vila – Republic Vanuatu, South Pacific. This tranquil island haven is situated ten minutes from the airport and five minutes from the town centre. Our 24-hour complimentary ferry will enable you to see as much or as little off the island. Iririki Island Resorts and Spa offers two unique styles of accommodation. With over 130 guest rooms, with a variety of views, you have the choice of indulging in one of our tropical island bungalows at the original Iririki Island Resort, or in one of the spacious and contemporary penthouse style rooms at Snorkelers Cove.With four bars, a handful or restaurants and a variety of cuisines, two swimming pools, tennis courts, a day spa and the tropical, crystal clear waters of Vanuatu, you’ll soon discover what the locals call ‘paradise’.For information visit:www.iririki.com ph:+67823388 Fax:+67823880 or Email: rdm@iririki.com

No comments: