Friday, December 03, 2010

My review of Mount Kinabaku Heritage Resort & Spa – Malaysia by Sumantri

My review of Mount Kinabaku Heritage Resort & Spa – Malaysia by Sumantri


This time my review is about Mount Kinabalu Heritage Resort & Spa or  called Perkasa Hotel, locate atop a hill and has commanding view of the majestic Mount Kinabalu. The resort is already surrounding by beautiful scenery and fresh cooling air is fantastic set up in overall.

Lobby appearance
Clean, neat and simple lobby, you will straight away find the reception counter. score 8 for lobby out of 10
Public area
The resort is already surrounding by beautiful scenery and fresh cooling air is fantastic set up in overall.  Clean parking area, grand hotel signage to welcome you once you reach the resort, tidy and beautiful garden and grass. Clean lobby toilet  as well. Score 9 for public area out of 10 

In-Room experience

We checked in around 3.00 pm room was ready we un loaded all our luggage and continue explore places of interest  in Kudasang area without checking the condition of our chalet 5. At 7.00 pm we get back to our chalet then we encountered some inconvenience experienced.
The first inconvenience we encountered when I want to charge my camera battery the electric socket was found loose and does not work at all, secondly we found that the TV is not working the hot water is not functioning . Disappointed with this situation I quickly reported to reception, there was no apologies been offer but the reception female promise to send somebody to fix all the problem. The maintenance guy came very quick, he temporary fix our electric socket so I can charge my battery, he also help me to figure out how to get hot water and the best part was he suggested to add a hot water from the kettle. He also replace one of the TV component so all fixed and I can watch TV, charge my batter and the most important is to bath my 9 month Deedat. Thank to him.





I though that’s it at the later staged we found more inconvenience experience toilet water hose was leaking, wall crack and paint peel off, dirty stool, cob web everywhere  and the worst part is you been welcome by cockroach hanging on curtain. I score my In-room experience is 3 point  out of 10 far from my expectation . The resort need to work on this seriously.



About Sumantri, many faces of me, I am a hotelier, like to organize event, Think Thinker, like to sing, like to write, like to learn new thing, Photography enthusiasm, traveler, food lover, restaurant reviewer, hospitality and guest service evaluator, food and beverage entrepreneur, master chef at own kitchen, blogger lifeskill and lifestyle and more…… Want your restaurant, café, hotel, resort, food or yourself appear in this blog !!!! in box or drop me an email

No comments: