Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sumantri - Award & Reward - Leaving on the Airbus





























Leaving on the Airbus by Sumantri.


Bandar Seribegawan 11 August 2007, I begin to feel an emotional moment when both my wife and myself foot step touch down the hotel lobby of Sheraton Utama Hotel-Brunei. Approximately 20 to 25 associates from various department included the hotel General Manager, Mr.Alex Riva and the hotel guest Mr. Khalid Affandy lines up to bid farewell to us, a song titled " leaving on the jet plan" were followed. Even though they were not proper in sing that song but it doesn't matter, i do really know the contains, i do really know the willingness of the associates. My tears drop immediately there was nothing can to stop. I remember American Idol during elimination term, Rian Seacrest the host will say " after 1 million voted America decide you are safe Melinda" or if opposite "You going home"!!! or on Akademi Fantasi were luggage become a symbol of going home. Of course I am not eliminate by Sheraton no body say to me " After 15 years dedicated, Sheraton decided you going home Sumantri "but you can used that word as a joke perhaps.

Well i am going home....after 15 years with Sheraton, after 7 years in Brunei but moving to another better career.


By the way here's the song :




All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go.I'm standing here outside your doorI hate to wake you up to say Goodbye But the dawn is breaking it's early mornThe taxi's waiting he's blowin' his hornI'm ready I'm so lonesome I could dieCHORUSSo kiss me and smile for meTell me that you'll wait for meHold me like you'll never let me go'cause I'm leaving on a Jet PlaneI don't know when I'll be back againOh babe I hate to goAh-ah-ah-ahhhThere's so many times I've let you downSo many times I've played aroundI tell you now they don't mean a thingEveryplace I go I'll think of youEvery song I sing I'll sing for youWhen I come back I'll wear your wedding ringCHORUSNow the time has come to leave youOne more time let me kiss youThen close your eyes and I'll be on my wayDream about the days to comeWhen I won't have to leave you aloneAbout the times that I won't have to sayCHORUSI'm leaving on a Jet PlaneDon't know when I'll be back againOh babe I hate to go.(And I'm) Leaving on a jetplane.


7 years Sheraton Utama and Brunei has been our home for both of us, countless stories been created and happen, thousand pictures been taken, million word been using to communicates, Many people been connected and so much memories been recorded. Brunei and Sheraton Utama were always special and there is always space in my heart. One of the reason is i find my Love's one here in Brunei and I married also in Brunei. Well once again Thank you Sheraton and Thank you Brunei



























No comments: